Bed and breakfast in Saint-Méloir-des-Ondes (35)
Welcome to La Malouinière de la Ville Gilles
Luxury bed and breakfast in a castle setting between Saint-Malo and Cancale.
From 1997 to 2017, La Malouinière was used as a reception hall, including catering services, for all types of celebrations. Nicolas and Fanély transformed it into 5 spacious and comfortable rooms consisting of a 43m² spa area, a large common room for breakfast, a billiards corner and a large lounge next to a traditional granite fireplace.
Nestled in an enchanted and green landscape of 5 hectares, La Malouinière welcomes you for a romantic getaway in a peaceful and comfortable haven. Our rooms overlook 2 hectares of natural park, with a clear view of hydrangeas, roses and agapanthus planted with palm trees. Century-old trees, including rare species such as Ginkgo Biloba, Tulipier and Araucaria, are scattered throughout the estate.
The enchanting and peaceful atmosphere will recharge your batteries in no time!
Located between Saint-Malo and Cancale, La Malouinière is the ideal base to explore both Côte d'Émeraude and Le Mont-Saint-Michel.
Between the beaches on the English Channel coastline of northwestern France, the ramparts of Saint-Malo, the Rance dam, the small fishing village of Saint-Suliac and the medieval town of Dinan, prepare yourself for an advanture full of discoveries.
After a day out, our 43m² spa and its large Jacuzzi is the perfect place to relax. The spa can also be reserved ahead of time if you would like some private time with your loved ones.
For breakfast, join us in the restaurant or in the garden for a seriously tasty start-of-the-day meal. Our food is prepared by Nicholas using seasonal and fresh produce with regenerating virtues.
Nicolas promotes healthy eating and he will be more than happy to discuss your food preferences.
Contact us to book one of our 5 luxury rooms, each of which can accommodate a couple:
1st floor :
- "L’Armateur"- This room features furniture combining leather and light wood.
- "La Malouine"- Themed to offer the ultimate Saint-Malo experience, the room features contemporary and comfortable furniture.
2nd floor :
- "Retour des Iles"- This room is reminiscent of the era of linen trading with the West Indies, and inspired by the Route du Rhum yacht race, which begins from Saint Malo every 4 years.
- "La Compagnie des Indes"- A tribute to Bertrand-François Mahé de La Bourdonnais, French naval officer and administrator, this room can accommodate 3-4 people with an adjoining room that can be opened upon request.
- "La Route de la Soie"- Influenced by the Chinese culture, the room is decorated with memories of hostess Fanely's travels to China. It is located on the east wing of the building.
La Malouinière de la Ville Gilles is located between Saint-Malo and Cancale, not far from Saint-Méloir-des-Ondes.
We recommend that you use Saint-Malo as destination on your GPS navigation device.
On RN 137, exit towards Saint-Malo/Cancale, at the end of the road. On the roundabout, take the 2nd exit towards Saint-Méloir-des-Ondes. At the next roundabout, count 4km on D2 towards Saint-Méloir-des-Ondes. The entrance to the property is on your right. It is easily recognisable with photos of the Malouinière. Park your vehicle at the end of the driveway, in the car park.
What sets us apart?
- Luxurious rooms in a castle setting
- Enchanting, soothing and romantic atmosphere
- Private spa
- Peaceful surrounding
- Convenient location between Saint-Malo and Cancale
- Ideal base for exploration and adventure
- On-site parking
- We speak French, English, Mandarin and Spanish
We remain at your disposal for further information.
Nestled in a green landscape of 5 hectares, La Malouinière welcomes you for a romantic getaway in a peaceful and comfortable setting. Our rooms overlook 2 hectares of natural park, with a clear view of hydrangeas, roses and agapanthus planted with palm trees. Century-old trees, including rare species such as Ginkgo Biloba, Tulipier and Araucaria are also scattered throughout the estate.
The enchanting atmosphere will recharge your batteries in no time!